Visa Lawyers Visa Solicitors

You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
Be either:
A temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time(or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada.


A foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada.

have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or
Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)
Your application will be assessed on two requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker:

your work experience and
your ability in English or French.
If you apply as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, it will be assessed using the above requirements, as well as:

your education
westkinassociates – 16 Hanover Square, Mayfair, London, W1S 1HT

If you are married or living with a common-law partner in Canada, and she/he also meets the above requirements, you can decide which one of you will apply for the Canadian Experience Class as a principal applicant.

Note: A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples